Alencia Johnson is a true powerhouse when it comes to shaping social impact and brand engagement. Named to EBONY Magazine’s “Power 100” list of influential African Americans and PRWeek’s “40 Under 40” list, Johnson leads at the intersection of social justice and culture change. She is a highly sought after strategist, advisor and cultural commentator who has cultivated over a decade of experience harmoniously marrying cultural cornerstones – social justice, politics, corporate and entertainment – together to address today’s most pressing issues.
- Named to EBONY Magazine’s “Power 100” list and PRWeek’s “40 Under 40” list
- Social impact, brand engagement and communications strategist
- Founder of 1063 West Broad, a social impact consultancy
- Former senior advisor to Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Elizabeth Warren
- Former leader at Planned Parenthood driving culture shift and brand partnerships
- Architect behind “Stand With Black Women” branding and framework
- Experienced in politics, corporate social responsibility and entertainment
Johnson is the Chief Impact Officer and Founder of 1063 West Broad — a social impact consultancy specializing in the intersection of culture, impact and purpose. Through 1063 West Broad, Johnson connects brands, organizations and people to mission driven solutions.
Johnson has impressive experience in the political sphere. She was a Senior Advisor to then-Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign, developing popular culture and Black media strategies.
Earlier in the 2020 presidential cycle, she served as the National Director of Public Engagement for Senator Elizabeth Warren’s presidential campaign — managing strategic rollouts of Senator Warren’s policy proposals utilizing principal speeches, media strategies, surrogate endorsements, cultural moments and in-person events.
On behalf of Planned Parenthood Action Fund, she developed election engagement strategies with Secretary Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. In 2012, Johnson served on the campaign to re-elect President Barack Obama, managing surrogate and influencer strategies.
Leadership at Planned Parenthood
Prior to her political experience, Johnson spent six years at Planned Parenthood Federation of America, where she engaged political, media, entertainment and corporate organizations and influencers to shift mainstream culture with positive, inclusive and factual perceptions of gender equity and women’s rights.
Johnson was the architect behind Planned Parenthood’s infamous “Stand With Black Women” branding and framework, developed the framework for Planned Parenthood’s engagement with broader social justice issues, and managed cultural partnerships including the WNBA, SXSW, Sundance Film Festival, Essence Music Festival and more.
Thought Leadership and Recognition
Johnson is regularly seen on major media outlets like MSNBC, CNN, NewsOne, BET, Huffington Post Live, and has been featured in NPR, Washington Post, ESSENCE, Glamour and more.
She has been recognized on “The Root 100” list of influential Black leaders, as well as a “Champion in PR” by PRWeek and received the Woman of the Year Award from Harvard University’s Black Men’s Forum.
Other Leadership and Education
Johnson’s board service includes the Warner Music Group/Blavatnik Family Foundation’s Social Justice Fund as well as Human Rights First and she was appointed to the Virginia Council on Women by Governor Ralph Northam.
A native of Virginia, Johnson received her Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Leadership Studies from Christopher Newport University. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and currently resides in Washington, DC.
- Leads at intersection of social justice and culture change
- Founder of social impact consultancy 1063 West Broad
- Former senior advisor to Biden and Warren presidential campaigns
- Drove culture shift at Planned Parenthood and led “Stand With Black Women”
- Recognized as a leader by EBONY, PRWeek, The Root 100 and more
- Appointed to Virginia Council on Women by Governor Northam
- BA in Communications and Leadership Studies
- Estimated alencia johnson net worth of $300,000
Johnson is clearly a powerhouse when it comes to driving social change, brand engagement and shaping the national dialogue around diversity, inclusion and gender equity. Her depth of experience across the political, corporate, non-profit and cultural sectors position her as an influential leader and strategist to watch. Check out quellpress.com for more articles on social impact and thought leadership.